i love pinterest! there are endless ideas and inspiration to be found. and they all are accompanied by plenty of gorgeous photos. the photos are probably the biggest draw for me to want to try to do or make something i find on pinterest. but the reality is when it comes to diy projects the easier it is, the better the chance i’ll actually try it.
recently i came across a pin about how simple it is to make peanut butter. just peanuts and a food processor. that is it. just give it about five minutes and voila, you have homemade peanut butter.
the process was super simple.
1. pour the peanuts into the food processor and turn it on.
2. first it becomes a bit crumbly.
3. then it forms a doughy ball.
4. then it starts to break down into a grainy consistency.
5. then it starts to smooth out a bit as the natural oils in the peanuts are released.
6. and then it becomes a the consistency of peanut butter that we all know and love.
we filled two small mason jars from a 16 ounce jar of peanuts. and of course my taste tester was on hand to give his approval. we tried it right out of the food processor and it was still warm from all of that processing. quinn wasn’t really used to warm peanut butter so he liked it better after it was room temperature.
here is a link to the original post for homemade peanut butter that i found on pinterest with lots more details and beautiful photos of her homemade peanut butter. i have pinned lots of things i want to try on pinterest. you can follow me here.