so far i’m off to a good start this year. i am keeping up with my project life pages. i decided to create more structure for myself and see how it goes.
the biggest hurdle for me is photo editing. it is something i always get behind on. i have hundreds + hundreds of photos that have never been edited. and sadly, they probably never will get edited. so instead of getting all bummed out about that and trying to figure out how to find the time to go back and edit my old photos, i am putting my energy into moving forward with a plan to deal with today and how i edit from now on.
keeping up with project life last year, really kept me on track with getting my photos edited – at least on a monthly basis. i was not perfect and still have lots of unedited photos on my computer. but at least the best of the best – the ones that tell our story – those have been edited. so, no wasting time look back on what i have not done.
this year i am trying out a weekly routine for editing my photos on one day of the week – sundays. my project life weeks are monday through sunday so instead of trying to edit all week long, i am just going to wait until sunday nights to sit down and edit all of my photos at the same time. just like how i do laundry – all in one day to get it over with and not have to keep doing it all week long. works for me.
i’m also going to answer a few questions i’ve received about photos, photography and my project life pages:
- i use adobe lightroom and photoshop to edit my photos.
- i shoot my photos with a nikon d300 camera body, a nikon 50mm f/1.4 lens and a nikon 24 – 70mm f/2.8 lens – and my iphone 5.
- the fonts that i use on my journaling cards are avenir and amelie.
- i love cathy zielske’s week in review cards, so i created my own version of them to work with the design, fonts and color of my project life pages. here is a link to cathy’s week in review cards and a great video tutorial she made about them.
- to make life simple, i keep track of everything going on in our week with the day one app. i have it on my iphone and my imac – and both of these sync up nicely. when i put together my week in review card, i just copy and paste from day one onto my week in review card in photoshop.
- i make my own templates for all of my photos and journaling cards – including my weekly instagram 6 photo collage – in photoshop.
and now, welcome to my project life 2013!
here is my title page for my 2013 project life album. i wanted to keep it simple so i added some family photos, printed out the year on the 3×4 journaling cards and found a nice quote on pinterest that i printed in photoshop. (i used avenir and learning curve fonts.)
week 2: tate’s big 3rd birthday week and our trip to disney + legoland.